Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Three Weeks From Now

Boxes and packing. Zippered bags and stacking. I wonder how it will fit in the car. Three weeks from now we will be en route to Sarasota, Florida. Every year I try to pack things a little neater and a little tighter. I'd like to think I do, but sometimes I wonder if it's simply a way to keep my attention deficit brain from losing interest entirely. Never, in four seasons, have I packed the same way twice. My soul feeds on variety, which must be why, despite the apparent inconvenience, I love the baseball life.

It is a life that provides a constant supply of excitement for a wanderlust spirit like mine. Unfortunately, excitement and uncertainty are a package deal, but that cannot be helped. God is on His throne and is infinitely able to arrange the details of housing, beds, clothes, food, and the job to pay for it. Since He has it under control, I am free to rearrange my packing every year and have fun doing it.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

oh how I miss baseaball season!!!
right now I am enjoying football season(NFL) =)

Jill Berman said...

Is Josh getting a shot at big league camp?

Unknown said...

dearest mudville daughter,
ahhh, i can hear the crack of the bats and the smack of that spinning sphere in a player's mitt already!
sttttrike! what a great onomatopoeia!
can it really be time to go....well,
many moments still wait to be savored before you head east.
as always, i cherish your written voice. with love, momma xxxo

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I can totally relate to how you pack and that attention brain thingy... Made me laugh. It is so cool that God brought you into his life since you love the variety that baseball brings to your life! :)

faustina said...

I just love listening to your words! Everything you write begs to be read aloud.
I also love you and the way you turn (what some might perceive as) lemons into a truly refreshing beverage for the soul!

Anonymous said...

Perrault family,

We are praying for you as you begin to prepare for the season. It is such a big job and my prayer is that God will multiply the hours in the day. We love you all and we are excited to see what God is going to do in your life this year. See you soon! Yea!!!

Love, The Shappi's

Anonymous said...

We are keeping you all in our prayers and have a safe Journey. We are here in Virginia if you need anything.

The Galasso Family